Re: unresolvable symbol on IRIX

Roland Jesse wrote:
> > jesse.knecht ~ % ssh zille
> > Last login: Mon Jul  6 13:26:01 1998 from knecht
> > 25863:-zsh: rld: Fatal Error: attempted access to unresolvable symbol in -zsh: cap_get_proc

cap_get_proc() is part of the POSIX.1e capability interface.
Inclusion of that code is predicated on the existence of cap_init().
The above error suggests that your C library has a cap_init() but not
cap_get_proc(), which suggests that the cap_init() is not actually the
POSIX.1e cap_init().

Please check your C library with nm, and let me know which cap_ symbols
are defined.

-zefram