Terminal problem with linux-2.0.34

I have been using zsh on a linux-2.0.34 machine without any problems.
However, when the uptime exceeded 250 days, the zsh began having problems
with the terminal. Of course, the uptime should have nothing to do with
this, but on the other hand, there where no software updates that I could
imagine having affect to zsh's terminal handling. Zsh, termcap, libc or
anything like that was not updated.

The flaw in the terminal handling appears as follows: when I type text
on the command line, only the first two characters are echoed. The line
does show up, if erase a character. Also, the command line is only
executed after I press return twice.

I tried updating to 3.0.7 and 3.1.5, and the bug still appeared.

Needless to say, bash and other shell and tools are unaffected.

I have not experienced this problem on any other machine. Since the
problem only appeared after 250 days of uptime its rather hard to trace
down on other machines. However, I would appreciate any clues on where
to look. For now, I forced to use bash -- which is clearly not satisfactory
-- so I am keen to find fix or workaround for this.

-- v --

--
Ville Herva   Ville.Herva@xxxxxxxxxx   +358-50-5164500
Netspan Oy    netspan@xxxxxxxxxx       PL 65  FIN-02151 Espoo