Re: zsh startup files

On Wed, Mar 24, 1999 at 07:47:31PM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> Which means:
> 1 - if my sysadmin is stupid and places things wrong, I have to do the same.
> 2 - that I can't use the same scripts on different systems.
> And you're just giving me a workaround for the current situation, not
> a justification for why it is that way in the first place.
	true on all counts.  i had vague memories of this coming up before,
and a quick search through the archives found a thread about this back in
95.  the basic issue there was the question of whether or not NO_RCS should
affect sourcing of /etc/zlogout; zoltan pointed out that by setting NO_RCS
in a user's ~/.zshenv, (s)he could avoid _all_ of the system init scripts
except for /etc/zshenv, and suggested changing the order the files were
sourced to the one you proposed.  i couldn't find any responses to that,
however, so i guess the topic was just dropped.  does anyone who was active
back then remember why?

	-- sweth.

--
Sweth Chandramouli
IS Coordinator, The George Washington University