Re: Updating the Xterm title with every execution?

"Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> } Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think 'preexec' exists in
> } Zsh 3.0.5
>
> It's in 3.0.5-ext-2, available from ftp.brasslantern.com:/pub/zsh/, which
> will be the basis of 3.0.6 appearing (I hope, if I get the archive scripts
> learned soon) sometime this month.

That's great-- any chance of getting my colorized completion patch in
there?  It's plenty clean, has it's own option, and is pretty small --
it could be a compile-time switch if you're *really* concerned about
memory footprint (zsh 3.0.x still does not have any dynamic loading
capabilities, does it?).  Since 3.0.6 is the end of the road for 3.0,
the maintenance headache of another compile-time flag is not an issue.

The patch is the first one listed at:

http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/gjb/patches/

I'll get it to apply cleanly without the postprompt stuff (assumming
preexec will let me do what I want) to .0.5-ext-2 if you don't want to
do that work.

Thanks,
Greg