Re: clear to end of display

On Mar 19,  7:08am, Danny Dulai wrote:
} Subject: Re: clear to end of display
}
} >If it's always in the upper right, you might try printing it with a
} >TRAPALRM() function rather than putting it in the prompt.
}
} That sounded like a good idea until I tried it out. xterms scrolled back
} jump down

You can turn that off with a resource.

XTerm*scrollTtyOutput: false

} and often the time is not there because I'm a obsessive clearer
} of my screen.

That must have something to do with trying to see through it.

} >PS1="%{"$'\e7\e[1A\e[1B\e[1;1H'%E$'\e[1;72H'"%D{%I:%M:%S}"$'\e8'"%}%m%# "
}
} This doesnt work.. if I use this prompt and then type clear, it clears the
} date and leaves the machien name followed by a % on the top line..

Oops, I transcribed it wrong.  Move the \e7 to after the \e[1B and it
should work.