Re: blah*[TAB] (difference between 3.1.6 and 3.1.9)

On Jun 6,  3:07am, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
} Subject: blah*[TAB] (difference between 3.1.6 and 3.1.9)
}
} Consider a directory where there are two files blah1 and blah2. With
} zsh 3.1.6, when I typed blah* followed by a tab, "blah1 blah2 " was
} generated (with a space after blah2). With zsh 3.1.9, "blah1 blah2"
} is generated (with *no* space after blah2).
}
} How can I have the old behavior (much more logical IMHO)?

Something's definitely gone wrong with expand-or-complete.  This was not
intentional.

As a workaround, the following should behave the way you want:

bindkey '\t' complete-word
autoload -U compinit
compinit
zstyle ':completion:*' completer _expand _complete
zstyle ':completion:*:expand:::' glob 1
zstyle ':completion:*:expand:::' substitute 1

If you have some customized compctl commands, you may also want:

zstyle ':completion:*' use-compctl 1

The above consititutes pretty much the minimal set of commands to emulate
the default behavior of expand-or-complete in 3.1.6 and earlier versions
while using the new completion system.