Re: Tksh and dtksh replacements for Zsh-users?

On Jul 24,  9:09am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} > did exactly that years ago for Z-Mail, although the version with Tk was
} > never released.  The zsh module would also have to install a couple of
} > Tcl builtins to use for calling back to zsh functions, because the Tk
} > event loop has to be allowed to take over control once the UI is ready
} > to come up.
}
} If someone things about trying it, he should first try to define a
} zwait() [...] That way we probably (hopefully) could respond to X-Events
} asynchronously.

If I recall correctly, this isn't sufficient for Tk -- it really does
have to be in control, unless ztk were going to reimplement more of the
bindings than what I described.

Of course, my recollection is from Tk 4.something, so it could be a lot
different now.