Re: 3.1.9 build fails at zftp.c when using Sun's WorkShop Compilers 5.0

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 10:54:48AM +0400, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> Danek Duvall wrote:
> > On Solaris, inet_pton and friends live in -lnsl.  -lnsl and -lresolv are not
> > both necessary, only the former.  And -lsocket seems to require -lnsl.

I misspoke here.  inet_aton() is in fact in -lresolv, but inet_pton() and
inet_ntop() are in -lnsl.

> O.K., once more. Was it clean install? Is it possible, that you have used
> wrong cache file for some reason? I get exactly the above lines when I run
> configure and it takes values from cache. If I remove config.cache and rerun
> configure, I get clear error messages.

A clean install gives me the expected errors -- it fails to find
inet_aton() because it doesn't try -lresolv (and spews the appropriate
errors to config.log), but it succeeds in finding the other two, and
config.log is clean for them (just the compilation line).

> What are the values of ac_cv_have_func_aton etc from config.log? If they are
> correct, configure fails to set defines for some reason.

config.cache, I assume:

ac_cv_func_inet_aton=${ac_cv_func_inet_aton='no'}
ac_cv_func_inet_ntop=${ac_cv_func_inet_ntop='yes'}
ac_cv_func_inet_pton=${ac_cv_func_inet_pton='yes'}

Danek