3.1.9 completion problems: automounter

I have /home set up to use an automounter.  Therefore, directories
under /home doesn't exist until I specifically access them.  As an
example, we have a directory called /home/sysadmin.  If I type

ls /home/sysadmin/

and hit TAB, I get no completions because zsh doesn't appear to
attempt to access /home/sysadmin at this point.  It only accesses
/home to see whether sysadmin exists, which it doesn't.  I have to do
something explicit to access /home/sysadmin first before I can use
completion.

Under tcsh, ls /home/sysadmin/ TAB works because tcsh actually
accesses /home/sysadmin before deciding whether it exists or not.

I'd like to know whether there is a way to get zsh to try to access
/home/sysadmin before deciding that there are no completions that
start from it.  Note: I am NOT looking for a way to type /home/sys TAB
and get sysadmin.  I am only looking for a way to get zsh to try
accessing the directory before deciding that it doesn't exist.

--
E. Jay Berkenbilt (ejb@xxxxxx)  |  http://www.ql.org/q/