Re: inet_{a,p}ton prototypes in Src/Modules/zftp.pro

On May 6,  6:27pm, nce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
} Subject: Re: inet_{a,p}ton prototypes in Src/Modules/zftp.pro
}
} On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 12:03:50AM +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote:
} >
} > So the real question is, why are HAVE_INET_{A,P}TON not defined?
}
} I just tried making a completely clean start so there was nothing old
} left over, but had the same problem.  The command-line in config.log
} looks good to me, but you're right that the confidence test for those
} routines fails.

I don't have access to Solaris 7 documentation, and everything on-line
at sun.com is already Solaris 8 (and remarkably uninformative).  What
librar(y|ies) (is|are) supposed to provide inet_aton() and inet_pton() ?

For example, it may be necessary to add

    AC_CHECK_LIB(socket, inet_pton)
                 ^^^^^^
		 or nsl, or something

before the call to AC_CHECK_FUNCS(...) that includes inet_{a,p}ton.