Re: Emulating bash

* Andrej Borsenkow <Andrej.Borsenkow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [Jun 24. 2001 23:26]:

> > I was toying around and beeing impressed with the bash emulation of zsh
> > (I actully moved it into /bin/bash). But it struck me it had problems
> > with trapping the signals because signals known to bash apparantly are
> > unknown to zsh-bash. This is zsh-4.0.1 final.
> >
> > Any hints to how I can fix this -- it would be nice on my small systems
> > to get zsh too :-)
> >

> Any hints what your particular problem is? :-) It is hard to fix without
> knowing what to fix - and not every zsh user or worker expert in bash.
>
> What signals are in bash?

Of course -- totally forgot.

It is when trapping SIGINT and SIGTERM, it says unknown signal. SIGQUIT
and SIGSEGV are not problematic..

_From the bash manual (2.05):
SIGNALS
       When bash is interactive, in the absence of any traps,  it
       ignores  SIGTERM (so that kill 0 does not kill an interac­
       tive shell), and SIGINT is caught and handled (so that the
       wait  builtin  is  interruptible).   In  all  cases,  bash
       ignores SIGQUIT.   If  job  control  is  in  effect,  bash
       ignores SIGTTIN, SIGTTOU, and SIGTSTP.

--
Mads Martin Joergensen, http://mmj.dk
"Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic and