Re: cd ..<tab>?

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
Bo Thorsen wrote:

Hi all,

I'm just giving zsh yet another try, but my biggest beef with it is still
there:

cd ..<tab>
doesn't expand to ../ which is quite annoying on a danish keyboard. Tab is
easily hit but / is shift+7. Small issue, but when something's annoying, it
only grows worse.

I have searched the web and the manual without finding this. I expect there
is some way of setting up completion to this, but I haven't figured it out
yet.

I assume you're using the new completion system, i.e., you call

autoload -U compinit
compinit

in any of the init files.

Then you can just do:

zstyle ':completion:*' special-dirs ..

to make `..' be considered a possible match (and hence it will get the
slash appended).
Is there a way to make this work properly with setopt GLOB_DOTS?
Such that .. is not tabcompleted once you have already entered a directory?

--
Dennis
use Inline C => qq{void p(char*g){printf("Just Another %s Hacker\n",g);}};p("Perl");