RE: 4.0.4 configuration on AIX 5.1

> I'm running into some trouble building zsh on AIX 5.1 due to the code
in
> Src/utils.c and Src/Modules/cap.c inside #ifdef HAVE_CAP_GET_PROC.
> There are two strange things I notice about this system.  First,
there's a
> <sys/capabilities.h> that seems to replace <sys/capability.h>, but it
won't
> work to include this instead because it typedefs cap_t as void *,
while not
> having a prototype for cap_get_proc().

autoconf 2.5x has standard tests for declaration (AC_CHECK_DECL). I am
not sure if autoconf-2.13 includes them. If not I am afraid adding extra
tests won't do for 4.0.x (too much change).

> This system also has no libcap library, although there is a
cap_get_proc
> directly in the C library (which I assume configure is finding).
However
> I'm unable to find documentation on it, nor can I find a prototype for
it
> anywhere in the system headers.
>
> Anyway, I can compile zsh by taking the HAVE_CAP_GET_PROC
> definition out of config.h and building in Src/.  Does anyone think
the
> configure script should be able to handle this system, or is it too
broken?

You could also remove cap nodule from modules.list. I guess it should go
into Etc/MACHINES then.

Or you could add explicit tests to zsh/cap for AIX 5.1 to skip building
it on this system. It is ugly but it is better that nothing.

-andrej