Re: New zsh user, I have a few questions.

Just a little addition:

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Apr 26, 10:21pm, Walter Francis wrote:

> } I've found that "cd <tab>" just lists way too many directories to be very
> } useful when I have it set as I saw suggested somewhere as (.. ~)..  Is it
> } possible to list pwd's subdirectories, then the cdpath directories, such as
> } tab one shows pwd's subdirs, tab again shows cdpath?
>
> You can do almost anything if you try hard enough, but the short answer
> is that there's no built-in mechanism for making different numbers of
> TABs show different subsets of the possible completions.  However, you
> *can* cause the listing to be segregated into subsets and control the
> order in which those subsets are listed, or whether they are listed at
> all.  This is all done with the `zstyle' command (again assuming you use
> `compinit').
>
> You want the `group-name' and `group-order' styles, something like this:
>
> zstyle ':completion:*' group-name ''	# Special case, see doc example
> zstyle ':completion::complete:cd::' group-order \
> 	local-directories path-directories
>
> See also the `tag-order' style.

Yes, tag-order should be interesting here (there even is an example
for it for completion after cd in Peter's guide). And then have a look
at the _next_tags widget (normally bound to ^Xn) to see how to switch
from one group of matches to the next.

Bye
  Sven

--