RE: bash convert: new completion system skeleton?

> I could easily write a function to allow zsh to use completions written
> for bash:
>
> local COMP_REPLY
> local COMP_CWORD=$CURRENT
> local -a COMP_WORDS
> COMP_WORDS=( $words )
> setopt localoptions
> emulate sh
> "$@"
> compadd - "${COMPREPLY[@]}"

cool. I guess it could be really useful.

> Would be enough for _qconfirm (I think). Would that be useful? Or do we
> have a perl guru who can write a program to convert the function?

Or scan bash_profile/bashrc for complete -F and compdef all commands to use
wrapper unless already defined. It would allow almost transparent change
between bash and zsh. It could be added to compinstall then or even to
compinit with style to turn it off/on.

Would it be useful?

Of
> course it is better to rewrite the functions properly to make full use
> of zsh's greater power.

Sure.

-andrey