Re: copying files with shell built in functions?

Dominik Vogt wrote:
>In a fit of mental derangement, my colleagues tried to exchange
>the libc on a machine at run time and used 'mv' to rename the
>file.  As you might imagine, they regretted that immediately :-)

This is precisely what I created the zsh/files module for.  I have the
module loaded all the time, in normal user shells as well as root shells.
I've never had this kind of situation, where the external programs
were unusable, but I've frequently been glad that the argument length
limitations of exec(2) don't apply to builtins ("rm *" in a directory
with *lots* of files).

-zefram