Re: copying files with shell built in functions?

On Mar 28,  6:00pm, Zefram wrote:
}
} Dominik Vogt wrote:
} >In a fit of mental derangement, my colleagues tried to exchange
} >the libc on a machine at run time and used 'mv' to rename the
} >file.  As you might imagine, they regretted that immediately :-)
}
} This is precisely what I created the zsh/files module for.  I have the
} module loaded all the time, in normal user shells as well as root shells.

There's no "cp" in zsh/files, though.

Probably because

zsh% >newfile <oldfile

works just fine.