Re: Calling Perl scripts without the .pl

Eric.D.Friedman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

What's odd about this is, of course, that '.pl' was never an extension that
meant "perl script" -- it was always "perl library" in just the way that
".pm" is now used for perl modules.  But windows couldn't function without a
canonical extension name and so that little detail has been lost in the
hoary mists of time....
I like the Active state convention of '.plx', which I guess means 'perl executable'. But now I'm totally off topic.