Re: Adding new completions to zsh

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:29:13 +0000, Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:39:22 -0700
Eric Mangold <teratorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My idea for allowing greater flexibility is to bundle the actual zsh
completion functionality as part of the Twisted distribution and give zsh
a "stub" that will use the completion functions that are bundled with
Twisted.

This sounds OK... I presume you're going to add some hook to the main Twisted program (or some configuration utility) that reports the installation location
so that the functions distribution with zsh can find the functions
distributed with Twisted.

Since Twisted is a Python package I can (fairly easily) use the standard python mechanisms to locate files or otherwise pull data out of that package.

So the first time someone tries one of the completions it will call python to acquire the completion info, and then I guess I'll cache that in a global variable to speed it up for further completions done in that shell session.

	-Eric