Re: "autoload -U" expanding alias

On Mar 23, 10:43pm, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
}
} I have a script that zcompiles some rcfiles. It's asking whether to
} overwrite files:
} re-compiling /home/thorsten/.zsh/.zlogout.zwc: mv: overwrite
} `/home/thorsten/.zsh/.zlogout.zwc.old', overriding mode 0400?

This message is happening because of the 0400 file mode, not because of
any option being passed to the "mv" command.  Files that are not writable
in directories that are writable trigger this behavior unless "mv -f" is
used.

} What's happening and how can I prevent this question?

chmod 0600 the .zwc.old files.  How did they end up mode 0400 ?  Does
your umask setting typically cause you to create files you can't write?