Re: Proprositions for a useful categorization of zsh options?

* Thomas Köhler (2004-04-21 12:22 +0100)
> Thorsten Kampe wrote:
>> I am trying to categorize the current 141 zsh options for obvious
>> reasons. Unfortunately zshoptions(1) is no big help as it is just
>> alphabetically sorted. The Users' guide gives some limited
>> suggestions.
>>
>> So these are my categories[1]:
>>
>> * Compatibility
>> * Completion
>>     * ambigious
>>     * displaying
>> * Globbing
>> * History
>> * Miscellaneous (the "no category category")
>> * Pushd/Popd
>
> I don't know which extra category to add, but I think the
> "Miscellaneous" category is too long. Perhaps it can be
> shortened?

Exactly - by putting "miscellaneous options" into existing or new
categories. The question is just, /where/ (as "miscellaneous" is just
an euphemism for "I don't have the slightest idea where to put it
else" :-))

Thorsten