Re: Proprositions for a useful categorization of zsh options?

    Hi Thorsten :)

 * Thorsten Kampe <thorsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> I am trying to categorize the current 141 zsh options for obvious
> reasons.

    That's cool and VERY useful :)

> # COMPLETION
[...]
> # ambigious completions
[...]
> # displaying completions
[...]

    Personally I would remove the last two ones. IMHO is enough with
'COMPLETION' category.

> # HISTORY
[...]
> cshjunkiehistory

    I would put this one in the COMPATIBILITY category. It is for csh
junkies, no?

> # MISCELLANEOUS

    Surely this one can be categorized itself. Some suggestions:

> autocd
> autonamedirs
> cdablevars

    I would change the name POPD/PUSHD of the last category to simply
'DIRS' and put those three there. A couple more could be moved to
that 'DIRS' category.

    In addition to this, a whole bunch of options present in
'MISCELLANEOUS' category could be moved to another category, meaning
'options related to zsh internals', although that would be very
ambiguous :(( Now the misc category is simply too big and almost
renders the categorization useless :(

    Anyway, it's a pretty good work! :)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--