Re: Coloring completions

    Hi Bart :)

    Thanks for answering :)

 * Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> >     I'm playing with compsys, and I don't understand what happens
> > with coloring.
> [...]
> > when I hit 'TAB' (which currently is bound to 'expand-or-complete'), the
> > completions appear colored, and that's ok because I have zsh/complist
> [...]
> > when I hit '^O', depending on the first word only dirs or all files
> > are listed, but they are listed without coloring.
> I'm not able to reproduce your problem.  I get coloring in both cases.
> Are you _sure_ zsh/complist is loaded?  Are you sure you have ZLS_COLORS
> set properly?

    ZLS_COLORS and ZLS_COLOURS are bot set and working (AFAIK...) and
zsh/complist is loaded:

    $ zmodload
    zsh/compctl
    zsh/complete
    zsh/complist
    zsh/main
    zsh/zle

    Hey, that's weird :((( I'm testing again completion and *all*
colorable files are colored *except* directories :( I mean, if I use
default completion (not my widget and function), directories are
colored, otherwise they aren't, that's the only difference :?

> >     If it is not long, boring or off-topic: could anyone explain me
> > how the shell functions given with compsys do the coloring
> The shell functions in compsys don't do anything magical.  They just read
> a value from a style and assign that to ZLS_COLORS, then restore the old
> ZLS_COLORS value after finishing.

    OK, that's what I assumed from what I read in _setup,
_main_complete and others. BTW, my ZLS_COLORS parameter is:

no=00:fi=00:di=01;37:ln=01;36:pi=05;33:so=01;35:bd=01;33\
  :cd=01;33:or=01;05;31:ex=01;32:*.tar=01;34:*.tgz=01;34\
  :*.z=01;34:*.Z=01;34:*.gz=01;34:*.bz2=01;34:

    ZLS_COLOURS is exactly the same. If I change the color for the
'di' entry, the default completion shows directories with the
appropriate color, but my widget doesn't, it doesn't color them. The
same if I remove the 'di' entry: the default completion colors them
red, mine doesn't color at all. Known bug in my version?

    Thanks again Bart, you're so kind :)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736