Re: OT: Bash 3.0 Released

    Hi Felix :)

 * Felix Rosencrantz <f_rosencrantz@xxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> Major new features from that posting:
[...]

    Is any of them interesting? Bash is a quite good shell (I've been
using it for years until I discovered Zsh), but all new features of
Bash have been in zsh for a (long?) time.

> o A new `pipefail' option causes a pipeline to return a failure status if
>   any command in it fails

    Good. I prefer the usual behaviour, because that way you can
'hid' any error value in a pipeline if you want. But it can be a good
option to have if you do a lot of scripting involving long pipelines
whose last commands can be successful thus hiding errors.

> o The `jobs', `kill', and `wait' builtins now accept job control notation
>   in their arguments even if job control is not enabled

    That's nice :))

    Thanks for pointing. Is good to see that Bash is getting better.
Is good to see that any free software goes better :)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736