Re: Tip of the day: previous command output

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> The date of the Zsh user guide is 1999/06/02; is it really that old?

You mean PWS's user guide that's on-line at zsh.org?  I'm pretty sure
that's its original date of "publication" and doesn't reflect incremental
updates.

> On 2004-08-22 16:03:23 -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> > Numbering the possible matches is difficult, if not impossible,
> > without changing the guts of the completion C code
>
> I see. And is it possible to have some kind of realtime filtering in
> a menu selection, like interactive search but reducing the displayed
> matches at the same time?

I _think_ that'd require changes to the C code as well.  Menu selection is
a bit unusual in that it runs zle with a new keymap but then interprets
several of the built-in widgets differently.  I'm pretty sure you can't
change the listing from widgets in that keymap, but there might be some
convoluted way to cause menu selection to exit and then immediately start
again on a new set of matches.