Re: can zsh set background color?

On Jan 5, 2005, at 8:46 PM, lists wrote:

I don't want to take the focus of this discussion off of zsh, but if you're using OS X and Terminal, you can set up a Terminal window to have the characteristics that you like (i.e. color of background), then save it as a .term file which you launch only when you want to ssh to a particular host. You can even set it so that just by launching a particular .term file, the ssh command will be carried out for you. Details here:

Many thanks for that. That gets me pretty far along. One remaining thing I want to accomplish is to set colors specifically for when I'm logged in as root (something subtle like a BRIGHT RED BACKGROUND and a flashing prompt saying YOU ARE ROOT!)

However, I am starting to use 'sudo' instead of logging in as root, so that's probably a moot point now.

Thanks for the pointers on the .term files, that's a good solution for the time being.

TjL