Re: can't complete .. paths with 4.2.3

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 03:06:46 +0000, Bart Schaefer
<schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jan 27,  9:29pm, Shawn Halpenny wrote:
> }
> } With zsh 4.2.3, on AIX, HP-UX and Solaris, if I use the completion
> } system I can't complete a path that starts with '..' .
>
> Is there any particular context in which you're completing these files?
> I can't reproduce this on linux with completion after "ls", but that
> doesn't mean it might not happen with some other command.
>
> Have you tried deleting your .zcompdump file?

Yes, with no effect.  The context doesn't seem to make any difference
at all.  I tried completing after 'echo' and 'ls' and 'grep' and if
the path starts with .. no completions are listed.  Furthermore, it
seems if .. is anywhere in the path, no completions are returned.

I tried removing the functions.zwc that contains the precompiled
functions for local/share/zsh/4.2.3/functions but nothing changed.

I tried completing 'echo ../' with trace enabled and noticed that tmp1
after the call to compfiles (line 345 of _path_files) was empty,
whereas on Cygwin, it had the list of files in the parent dir.

(I can post the trace to the list but didn't want to force 439 lines
of junk on anyone.)