Re: History corruption (over NFS)

On Feb 14,  4:56pm, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
} Subject: Re: History corruption (over NFS)
}
} The "noac" didn't change anything (except making command execution
} slower).
}
} If I've understood correctly, the first "ssh priam" started a zsh that
} truncated the history file (since its size was above the limit). Note
} that I quit this shell immediately. Then the current zsh instances
} went on writing to the history file without noticing that it had been
} truncated, hence the null bytes.

Try changing from "noac" to an explicit "hard".  I wouldn't have thought
this was needed in a modern NFS environment, but the symptoms sure look
familiar.