Re: Cannot export some shell variables

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 09:33:59AM +0200, DervishD wrote:
>     Hi Vincent :)
>
>  * Vincent Stemen <zsh@xxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> > Some shell variables do not seem to export to child shells.  Two
> > variable names I know of so far are $y and $r.  Is there something
> > special about certain variable names that could cause this
> > behavior?
>
>     Not that I know of. Maybe your rc files are doing something
> weird?

Yes, you are right!  It was a dumb user malfunction on my part. I
tested today running zsh with "-f" so it would not run the rc scripts
and it worked properly.  I had forgotten that I was using $r and $y in
my zshrc script and then unsetting them before exiting.  I don't know
why I did not think to check that last night.  I think part of my
brain had already gone to sleep before I was ready to stop working for
the night.

Thanks for the response.

--
Vincent Stemen
Avoid the VeriSign/Network Solutions domain registration trap!