Re: stopped globbing/expansion (?)

On Jul 8,  5:19am, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
}
}  currently my zsh is configured to behave as follows:
}  [on TAB] all matches are displayed below the current cmd-line and the
}  first match is used to complete my input.
}
}  Instead I would like zsh to behave as follows:
}
}  Type in the first characters, TAB and all possibilites are displayed
}  below the current cmd-line without touching my typing (no full
}  completing to the first).

Without knowing your setopts and zstyles, it's not possible to know
exactly what you need to do to change this.  However, my best guess
is that you should do

    setopt auto_menu

and maybe

    unsetopt menu_complete

}  Then I would position the cursor on the word "current", wipe it out,
}  type "b <TAB>" but nothing happens until I add an additional SPACE

Try

    setopt complete_in_word