Re: I shot the zsheriff, but I do not shout the debuty

From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: I shot the zsheriff, but I do not shout the debuty
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 23:53:58 +0000

> On Jul 12,  8:36pm, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
> } Subject: Re: I shot the zsheriff, but I do not shout the debuty
> }
> } >  grep -ie 'compdef.*\^k' $^fpath/*(.)
> }
> } zsh: no matches found: /home/mccramer/.zfunc/*(.)
>
> For some reason I assumed you would not have empty or non-existent
> directories in your $fpath.
>
> Use
>     grep -ie 'compdef.*\^k' $^fpath/*(.N)

Gives no output at all...

What is purpose of these lines like that above ? What should they find
(or not...)? What would be exspected to see on a sane installation of
zsh?

Sorry for all that question...but I am right at the beginning of
getting a slight glimpse of understanding how all the
completion-thingy would work....or in lesser words: I am a bloody
newbie.

Meino