Re: I shot the zsheriff, but I do not shout the debuty

On Jul 13,  5:49am, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
}
} >     grep -ie 'compdef.*\^k' $^fpath/*(.N)
} What is purpose of these lines like that above? What should they find
} (or not...)? What would be exspected to see on a sane installation of
} zsh?

What would be expected (in that specific example) is exactly what you
saw, which is nothing.

The #compdef line on a file read by compinit is a potential source of
a redefinition of key bindings.  Since you don't think there's a
bindkey for ^k anywhere else, searching for a compdef line that was
causing it was the next obvious possibility.