Re: Sorting file names randomly

On Jul 24, 10:32am, Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} }     reply=()
} }     reply=($*)
}
} Don't you mean $~* there?  Otherwise you have the problem with
} multiple directories that you alluded to once before.

I later realized that I was misled by the

into thinking you were still working with the noglob alias around
the function.  If the glob is already expanded before the function
call, please ignore what I said about $~*.

In either case, though, the reply=() line is unnecessary.