Re: Sorting file names randomly

    Hi Bart :)

    Just a clarification...

 * Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> First, the (l.5..0.) is just left-zero-padding $RANDOM, so rather than
> force the shell parse that and work out what to do once for every file
> name, it would be better to declare "local +h -Z 5 RANDOM" as I did.
> (Just remember to seed RANDOM when making it local.)

    When I asked you about special shell parameters in my last
message, I was talking exactly of the '+h' option to typeset. I just
missed the '+h' in the example, I didn't remember about 'hiding'.

    Anyway my question is still valid: can you do any valid
modification (not only -Z, but -L, -R, etc., -i, -E, -F...) to them
or every special parameter has its own constraints?

    Thanks :)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

It's my PC and I'll cry if I want to...