Re: simple completion example? (aptitude completion doesn't work)

> In general, the patch below adding LC_MESSAGES=C does the job.
Thanks, but I found that LC_MESSAGES=C isn't enough.
I have to put LC_ALL=C there, then it works as expected.

Could that be my fault?
In my RCs I've got:
  export LANGUAGE=de_DE@euro
  export LANG=de_DE@euro
  export LC_ALL=de_DE@euro

And what's strange is that "export LC_MESSAGES=C" doesn't change the output
of "locale":

 condor:~>locale
 LANG=de_DE@euro
 LC_CTYPE="de_DE@euro"
 LC_NUMERIC="de_DE@euro"
 LC_TIME="de_DE@euro"
 LC_COLLATE="de_DE@euro"
 LC_MONETARY="de_DE@euro"
 LC_MESSAGES="de_DE@euro"
 LC_PAPER="de_DE@euro"
 LC_NAME="de_DE@euro"
 LC_ADDRESS="de_DE@euro"
 LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE@euro"
 LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE@euro"
 LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE@euro"
 LC_ALL=de_DE@euro

 condor:~>export LC_MESSAGES=C
 condor:~>locale
 LANG=de_DE@euro
 LC_CTYPE="de_DE@euro"
 LC_NUMERIC="de_DE@euro"
 LC_TIME="de_DE@euro"
 LC_COLLATE="de_DE@euro"
 LC_MONETARY="de_DE@euro"
 LC_MESSAGES="de_DE@euro"
 LC_PAPER="de_DE@euro"
 LC_NAME="de_DE@euro"
 LC_ADDRESS="de_DE@euro"
 LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE@euro"
 LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE@euro"
 LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE@euro"
 LC_ALL=de_DE@euro

> It's very tempting to try to make the parsing work with the German
> output so that people get translated descriptions. However, if the
> formats aren't consistent it's probably only asking for trouble. And the
> completion code probably wouldn't handle the umlauts too well either.
English completion is 100% better than nothing. :-)

Thanks,
 Andy.

--
      http://peru.spiegl.de       Projekt Radio Marañón, Jaén, Perú