Is zsh buggy in connection with screen?

The following scenario:

I have screen running under X11. In screen I have different zshs open. Some
of them are currently running a vim. I detached screen for about 1 hour from
X11. After I attach it again and try to insert something in the vim, they
abort saying there was a X11 error (bad window name).

Can this be related to zsh? I don't see why this should be caused by
something else, because I have not upgraded any software package connected
to X11, vim or shell. I never had this problem using bash.

Sebastian