Re: Terminal hang when bg/fg root shell on OS X

On Feb 10,  2:45pm, James F. Hranicky wrote:
}
} When I background then foreground a root shell on OS X I get
} a terminal error:

The "exec zsh" is a contributing factor here.

I suspect that you're running into a combination of problems with the
tty's controlling process having changed and with the fact that a
process owned by a normal user (parent shell, before the "su") can't
send a signal to a process owned by root.

Either change root's shell to zsh permanently, or try using

	su -l -c zsh

instead of exec'ing zsh after the fact.