Terminal hang when bg/fg root shell on OS X

When I background then foreground a root shell on OS X I get
a terminal error:

	% 1005 : su -
	Password:
	# exec zsh
	# suspend

	zsh: suspended  su -
	% fg
	[1]  + continued  su -
	# zsh: suspended (signal)  su -
	% <hit return>
	#
	zsh: error on TTY read: Input/output error

The terminal is hung after this. This doesn't appear to happen
when suspending a user shell and going back to a root shell.

Anyone have any ideas?

| Jim Hranicky, Senior SysAdmin                   UF/CISE Department |
| E314D CSE Building                            Phone (352) 392-1499 |
| jfh@xxxxxxxxxxxx                      http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~jfh |