Re: backward-dir/forward-dir

> Is there a key binding that allows me to move forward or back to the
> next slash in a file path?
[...]
> Strangely, I have noticed that ":" also serves as a word delimiter,
> so M-b or M-f will stop on the colon for host:/path.  So that
> suggests to me that there's a set of word delimiters defined somewhere?

Actually, it's the other way round: the WORDCHARS parameter specifies which
characters (in addition to alphanumeric characters) are considered part of
words. It contains several characters that make sense by default, so I think
your best course of action would be to just exclude slashes:

WORDCHARS=${WORDCHARS//\/}

mfg,
Christian