Fwd: getting zle vi-modes to show the current mode

*sigh*... two out of three times, I reply to the sender and not the
list.  My apologies, Bart.
--
I didn't know that you can define two functions at once like that...
that's kinda cool.  I was thinking about doing it that way, and it's

Thanks for the suggestion, though!