zsh completion for todo.*

I'm trying to figure out how to get completion working for todo.py
(which is just todo.sh in python with various differences).  I found
this: http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2006/msg00591.html but it doesn't
really match the features of this:
http://todotxt.com/library/todo_completer.sh/ or else I just couldn't
get it working right.  Neither could I get the latter working with
bashcompinit.

With Peter's todo.sh, I get the initial command completed correctly.  If
I want to list something, it gives an error, but this is simply because
there are quotes missing from "search term..."  I want it to be able to
complete contexts and projects, as todo_completer.sh does in bash.
Using bashcompinit with todo_completer.sh, the first tab works correctly
(though of course without Peter's nice descriptions), but the second tab
gives _todo_sh:local:53: not an identifier: @5

Not being fluent in completion scripting in bash or zsh, I'm stumped.
Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Lydgate