Organising photos into a list (O/T)

Hi
I needed to organise about 60 images into a numerical list.
I started by grouping them with a prefix 0001, 0002, 0003 and then using an
extra digit to order within the group. I ended up using Windows Explorer and
it was an unsatisfactory iterative process. Is this one of those cases where
the power of zsh or unix is of no use?

(Just realised, the best way would have been to print them all and then
organise them on a table: but that would have taken ages)

ideas?

--
zzapper
Best of VimTips