Re: regarding login prompt

On 7/13/07, Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:

See PROMPT EXPANSION in the zshmisc manual page.  The simplest answer is

PS1='[%n%m %~]%# '

but note (i) as I've written it you get a "%" rather than a "$", which
is the zsh convention

ok, i will go with zsh convention, the %  :-)

(ii) this will show the entire directory path with
~ substitution and you might want e.g. only the last few segments.  The
manual will help you tailor it further.

i got it from man page:    PS1="{%n@%m %1~} %# "  :-)

hey Peter, how can i make it coloured like i have in BASH:

{%n@%m %1~}   -- > red colour

%#                       --> blue colour

--
http://arnuld.blogspot.com/
-- people say RMS is arrogant and when i emailed him about some question i