Re: since 4.3.4, artifact-appearance at prompt

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007, Russell Hoover wrote:

On Sat 11/03/07 at 06:30 PM -0700, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You're witnessing effects of the new PROMPT_SP option, apparently combined either with some race condition on echoing the newlines you're typing, or with an odd right-margin line-wrap behavior of your terminal emulator.

Thanks, I disabled PROMPT_SP for now, since it's on by default. I don't deal with long lines in the ZLE that much and I'd rather not see that "%" on a blank line where I'm not sure it's doing me any good (when my prompt is already on the next line).
===================

would it be reasonable to have an SPPROMPT parameter, or something similar, to control what's displayed there? i guess a default would be '%S%#%s' but the option would still be useful if it's output could be set to ''. IMHO the PROMPT_SP option is nice, and it would be better to turn off (or otherwise modify) it's verbose output, rather than turn off the option.

--
        ...atom

 http://atom.smasher.org/
 762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

	"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the
	 unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to
	 himself. Therefore all progress depends on the
	 unreasonable man."
		-- George Bernard Shaw