Re: a simple question

Peter Stephenson wrote:
> You mean you've tried and completion after
>   ssh -l admin
> works while completion after
>   alias sshadmin="ssh -l admin"
>   sshadmin
> doesn't?
Correct.

> > In a "zsh -f" session it does work so it must be something in my settings...
>
> I presume you mean even after "compinit"
You are right :-)

> Try using the debug binding "^X?" to generate an output file which
> should show you if it's ever getting as far as ssh completion or is
> trying completion for something else.
^Xh gives me:

lama:~>ssh
tags in context :completion::complete:ssh::
    argument-1 options  (_arguments _ssh)
tags in context :completion::complete:ssh:argument-1:
    hosts users  (_alternative _ssh)
    hosts        (_hosts _combination _ssh_hosts _alternative _ssh)
    hosts        (_ssh_hosts    _alternative    _ssh    _normal)
    users        (_users _combination _ssh_users _alternative _ssh)

lama:~>sshadmin
tags in context :completion::complete:::
    all-files  (_files _default)
tags in context :completion::complete:ssh::
    argument-rest options  (_arguments _ssh _ssh)

The files generated after ^X? differ pretty much, but both mention _ssh.
I put them here:
 http://spiegl.de/zsh/zshdump-ssh.gz
 http://spiegl.de/zsh/zshdump-sshadmin.gz

Thanks,
 Andy.

--
 If you're not confused, you're not trying hard enough.