Re: Phil's prompt is not working when LANG is set to UTF-8

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:20:21 +0100
Wael Nasreddine <mla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Oh I'm sorry I forgot to mention that this only happens on consoles not in X
> emulators ( /dev/tty1 etc... ) I have also the combination of
> rxvt-unicode/zsh/UTF-8 and it works fine but on the console it's too messy so
> I'm deprived of consoles ATM.
>
> Anyway my zsh version is 4.3.5

I suspect the right thing to do here might be either to "unsetopt
multibyte" or "export LC_ALL=C".  It sounds like the combination of
the console and the C library aren't doing the stuff the shell needs
to support multibyte characters.  If that's not the problem, please send
more detail about your settings and environment and what works and what
doesn't work.

(That last sentence applies to everybody.  Zsh runs in some very different
environments.  We could *always* do with knowing what that is, even
if it turns out not to be relevant.  If it applies in lots of
different environments, please say so---as many people already do.)