Re: A 'complete' reference of CTRL key combinations?

On Feb 16, 2008 11:21 AM, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Feb 16,  1:30pm, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> }
> } I am pondering to map quite a few things to various CTRL-$key
> } combinations and wonder if there is a reference of which keys should
> } be considered 'taken' and which are free.
>
> zsh -fic 'bindkey -L'
>
> perhaps?  Similarly
>
> zsh -fic 'bindkey -M viins -L'
> zsh -fic 'bindkey -M vicmd -L'
>
> You might want
>
> zsh -fic 'autoload -U compinit; compinit -D; bindkey -L'
>
> to see the keys commonly bound by the completion system as well.

Also useful, but for a different reason, is "man 7 ascii", which will
show which control key combinations are indistinguishable from special
keys to the shell, like ctrl-i and tab, ctrl-m and enter, etc.
Wouldn't want to accidentally bind ctrl-m to something, you'd have a
tough time changing it back without an enter key.  ;)

~Matt