Re: Editing history stack during runtime?

On Mar 1, 11:38am, Richard Hartmann wrote:
} Subject: Re: Editing history stack during runtime?
}
} Wow, thanks. I fear we misunderstood each other in one regard, though:
} I do not want to have the contents of the history file in there

The contents of the history file are not in there, except that I think
you misunderstand something:

} only the history accumulated since I logged in to this one shell.

"The history accumulated since I logged in" *includes* the history
read from the history file at shell startup.  There's no way to pick
out only what happened after that; it's all in the same stack, with
the oldest stuff falling off one end and the latest stuff added to
the other.

Anything in the history file but old enough to have fallen out of the
shell history is not included in the file that gets edited.  Anything
in the overlap will be included, but only because it's still in the
current history.