environment settings

Hello,

Ive got a strange problem with my zsh.

I installed wyrd (calender application) and had problems with wyrd not
recognizing my EDITOR settings. Strangely looking into "set" and "env"
it was present in just one and not both.

Now I defined EDITOR in my .zshenv and things are getting even worse :)

I use to press a lot of ctrl+a or ctrl+e to jump to start or end of my
shell prompt, stopped working. ctrl+r for incremental search stopped
working, too.

Looks like defining EDITOR in my otherwise empty .zshenv file was great
for wyrd to recognize the editor setting but not for my shell
environment.

When I press the Up buttom I usually have the cursor at the end of my
last command, but now it is at the start of the line.

Should I use a different .zsh* config file for my "export EDITOR.."?

regards,
Marcus