Re: environment settings

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 09:46:52AM +0200, Marcus Franke wrote:
[...]
> Looks like defining EDITOR in my otherwise empty .zshenv file was great
> for wyrd to recognize the editor setting but not for my shell
> environment.
[...]

When you set EDITOR to vi, zsh assumes you want a vi-like
command-line editing mode.

Add bindkey -e

to you ~/.zshrc if you want emacs mode.

environment variables can be defined in the ~/.zprofile. Then
they are set once, when you log in and inherited by every
process. But make sure whatever process logs ou in if it's not
your login shell, does read that .zprofile. You might have to do
it in .profile and have .zprofile source that .profile.

--
Stéphane